Ramen Noodles

Ramen Noodles

Monday, August 1, 2011

The *quite loud* art of war

There's really no words to describe Nebuta - at least not what happened today. I took over 100 pictures and there is absolutely no way I can post them all here.... thinking about starting a little photo album on the web -- but if you're friends with me on facebook you can check those out now. For the record, this was a practice night for the people and the floats and it was mayhem. But I got up as close as you can so THAT sure was neat-o! The real party starts August 2nd. LET'S GET IT STARTED!!!
I hate HATE that you can hear me talking because I hate hate HAAAATE my voice but here is the best way to show you all what Nebuta is like and what it sounds like. 'Cause it's loud. REALLY loud. I can still hear those frilly bamboo flutes screaming in my head.

Oh, and here. Enjoy a small sampling of Nebuta in picture form:


The drums



Definitely my favorite Nebuta float JUST because there's a chimpanzee on it!! :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

that looks awesome--is the real one at night all lit up? Although I do miss the Woody Woodpecker balloon! xoxo aunt jenni

Anonymous said...

Watched the You Tube video....well that was certainly loud....they like drums don't they!

Love, Dad

Anonymous said...

I love your voice. Love Mom MILY