Ramen Noodles

Ramen Noodles

Monday, August 15, 2011

Pizza Hut and Conveyer Belts.

FINALLY HAD MORE AMERICAN FOOD!! Er, restaurant American food. A Pizza Hut opened at the beginning of this month 45 minutes away BY BIKE. And I met my friends there last night - I ordered a large 'cause I had been saving myself all day for it. And Fatty McPorker  here ate all but 3 little slices. I swear if I hadn't gotten thirsty I would have finished the entire pizza! My friends admitted to be impressed. YES! It was not as good as back home: less cheese and stuffed crust has mainly cheddar cheese. But whatever - it was greasy and nasty and DELICIOUS.
The other night I went out with my friends to a sushi bar. My second time eating at a sushi place and my first with THIS:

Very cool. They liked to make fun of me because I ordered so much food and didn't eat all of it. Couldn't help it! The food spun around on a conveyer belt (and I've ridden one before, when I worked at Target... the higher ups weren't so appreciative of my fun-loving antics back then) so it was enjoyable to grab all the fish I could!
And then when you wanted food that wasn't available on the conveyer belt - you ordered on the touch screen and it arrived via shinkansen (a really tiny one). So advanced, this country!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

learning to like sushi? The guy sounds French not Japanese. Is it Kristina's brother? Do people put their food back if they grab the wrong thing? Only I would worry about that.
Love Mom MILY

Anonymous said...

you rode your bike 45 minutes?????? Color me impressed! I LOVE the conveyer belt--sounds like something America would have--like at Golden Corral. We scream sitting and picking food off a moving tray. Did you feel any like Lucy & Ethel? xoxoo aunt jenni