Ramen Noodles

Ramen Noodles

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

I need a vacation.

There is nothing interesting to write about tonight. Tomorrow night at 9:01 pm, my week long break starts!! And I don't have any major plans, so THAT'S great! It's still been really hot and maybe during my vacation I'll buy another fan. Hmm... I had a not-so-good day at work and I was in a bad mood for a while - at least until Aunt Jenni reminded me that I 'was pissed EVERY week at CPS.' Nice.
I'm not frustrated with any of my students, but it's frustrating the way work has turned lately. I'm working a lot of classes and I'm tired. And our secretaries are new and obviously don't know the ropes because tonight one of them scheduled a level check 15 minutes before my first class tomorrow. So I talked to the other teacher and he (more nicely than I did) told her that was cutting it too close. I just looked at her and told her I can't do that. And she replied 'just a quick level check!'
LIKE THAT'S POSSIBLE. (Oh I wish you all could have seen my expression! I know you miss that face - admit it!)
Just have to remember how frustrated I was 6 months ago. I hate how when you leave a job (or a situation/person) you seem to forget how utterly miserable you were and you think 'hey maybe I should go back!'
Please don't tell me I'm the only one who has a horrendous short term memory.
On a positive note - I've found a way to get the junior high students to listen to me... I make wads of paper out of candy wrappers and throw them at a kid if they won't stop speaking in Japanese. Teacher of the Year award, please?! Good thing those kids like me!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes...just remember CPS....thoughts about it might make you think teaching in Japan is a piece of cake. Just remember...`Tomorrow Is Another Day'...someone famous said that I'm quite sure...

Love, Dad

Anonymous said...

I'd make Memaw take you to Tokyo next week. And no, I don't miss that face!!!!! xoxo aunt jenni

Anonymous said...

Everyone has a bad day at work, even at Kessel Appraisal! As I've said before, that's why they call it work. Glad to see you found a way to relate to the jr high kids! Love Mom MILY