Ramen Noodles

Ramen Noodles

Sunday, August 7, 2011

The rich keep gettin' richer

There is so much to discuss on here, it just isn't even funny. First tonight was Nebuta's grand finale at night and I went with Miwa and her family. Miwa lent me a kimono and apparently I was dressed by an expert that she called in. It was fun, I ate some sushi (not very happily, however). When the parade was over, we were leaving and we walked upon this massive crowd gathered around a man laying on the pavement. I was holding hands with Miwa's 5 year old son, Genbi and I was wondering what was going on... then I noticed a massive opening in the back of the man's head and his blood stained clothes - I threw myself in front of Genbi so he wouldn't see it. He tried to get around me because he was curious and I ended up taking him away, telling him it was okay. I was mainly trying to tell myself that. Miwa, who is a good citizen was all up in the chaos - I think calling an ambulance. There were at least 75 people crowded around that scene.. Horrific.
ANYWAY! It took me some time to bounce back to happy Melissa, but we went to Miwa's bar. NICE. Want to know what drink was offered to me?


DOM PERIGNON. I know, Mom, it's alcohol and all that but do you have ANY idea how expensive this stuff is? Plus - this was served at Princess Diana's wedding. Word. ;)
Anyway, I impressed the crowd when I sang the song 'Shiroi Ryuu'. That is my best Japanese karaoke song and I was proud of myself for singing when I was so embarrassed and NOT a professional at all, but I guess it doesn't matter when you can sing every word correctly.
At the end of the night, I was showing one of Miwa's employees and Miwa's husband how to play Angry Birds and they were just awful at it. Then Miwa's husband shared with me his BLACK American Express CARD and really loved to tell me how he knows lots of famous Japanese people -- like Mai Kuraki (who is hugely popular here in Japan and I've listened to her songs for years now).
- I will post more pictures and a video tomorrow! Yaaaay.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Did you hear what happened to the man? Was he shot or did he fall? Be Careful over there. Love Mom MILY