Ramen Noodles

Ramen Noodles

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Sleepy-bye night night time.

Very quick update!
Tonight after work my friend, Nini, was having a farewell party because she leaves for college tomorrow. As an 'old fart' I gave her lots and lots of wisdom that I learned a little more than half a decade ago (OMG I AM OLD!). Although I'm not sure how much of it applies to a college in Japan, but here's hoping it's just as fun. She took lots of pictures and some are pretty funny - I'll upload a few when she uploads them to Facebook.
And what else... I found out today that starting September 7th, I will teach business classes! And that means riding a train to Hirosaki, and then switching to ANOTHER train and riding to a small town... I think the travel time is like an hour or more? The classes don't seem so bad, but I HAVE to wear a suit (which blows) and lord knows I'm gonna get lost on at LEAST my first day. Joe said it's a pain in the winter because the trains don't like to run when it's super snowy, and walking from the station to the place takes a bit of time due to the fact that there aren't any sidewalks (Oh, I can hear my mom's worried voice already). That problem won't start until... meh, beginning of November.
THIS WEEK IS VERY BUSY AT WORK AND MELISSA REALLY DISLIKES IT.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That could be a fun job switch. New places and new faces. You can sleep on the train. I'd hate wearing the suit--especially in snow. Get you some good Russian type boots with lots of fur. And yes, your mom will be worried. xoxox aunt jenni

Anonymous said...

With all you've been through so far, I'm confident that you can do this too! It will lead to a lot of stories. Plus new faces and friends always leads to new things to talk about. Maybe some of the business people will travel to the us and you can see them over here sometime. Love mom MILY