Ramen Noodles

Ramen Noodles

Saturday, August 13, 2011

I miss having parents here.

Today was fun!! I met Nini's parents and it's nice to have parents around once in a while. Her dad is Greek, so he loved my name and was telling me 'Meli' means honey and 'Sa' means bee. Thanks Mom and Dad for naming me 'honey bee.' What a lame name. But he was a really funny guy and he even brought out the family photo album (they have like, 9 kids or something) and was showing me everyone... and himself, back when he had more hair.
Nini's mom was grilling and they grilled all kinds of stuff - TONS OF MEAT/SEAFOOD! WOO!!! But lots of vegetables too (which I tried to eat). The highlight was the tomato in the salad - I ate like, 5 pieces (because they had SALT! that I could pour on them) and then I asked her mom for another whole tomato because Kiko got jealous and wouldn't let me finish the rest of the tomato. Then we ate tomato ice cream and that was just weird.
I hung out there all afternoon/evening and when it was dark a few of us went to the beach and just kind of sat around - No, they swam. I SAT AROUND watching people set off fireworks at the beach because I'm scared of the ocean. HOWEVER! The ocean has those protective nets around it, so they're assuring me that nothing other than really small fish can get in. Still.... scared.
It's been lots of fun but today made me realize how much I miss parents, even when they yell at you to be quiet. And I'd like to talk to my parents tonight BUT OF COURSE NO ONE IS HOME/AROUND. They have such a talent.
This is the view from Kiko's house (I stayed over one night and I took this during the sunrise), but both of them live in the suburbs and I MISS GRASS!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

well, honey bee, it sounds like you had a lovely day! Your mom's at RB-not quite sure where your dad is. He's taking us to the airport in the am==we're heading to the Florida keys.

I'm looking forward to eating fresh tomatos too--except the chipmunks keep eating mine:-(

Alex finished grad school today--so he's now an mba-er. he's finally thrilled to be finished with school--was worried that day might never come!

Hope it cools down some and keep enjoying your vacay! xoxo aunt jenni

Anonymous said...

Funny about the nets in the ocean. We went to Florida last week and it was Shark Week on TV. I tried to stop the kids from watching it, but Bailey had just seen Soul Surfer about the surfer girl who got bit by the shark. I finally convinced her to go in early and avoid feeding time. I wonder how easy it is to do? Maybe Florida should consider it.

Hang in there! I'm sure you miss them but you are on the adventure of a lifetime.

PS - Honeybee is great!

Gina