Ramen Noodles

Ramen Noodles

Thursday, August 11, 2011

Vacation day ONE!

I don't know WHAT happened today but it reached a whopping 92 degrees in my apartment. Almost don't want to admit that because I can just hear my mom yelling in the background "BUY AN AIR CONDITIONER!" but it's hard since they have to install it and they need a window. Plus Fall will be here soon. Thankfully I left my apartment around 3 to go shopping with my friends Kristina (Nini) and Kiko. We went to a boatload of clothing stores and it was REFRESHING to hear that Kiko hates shopping as much as I do. I bought 4 polos (mainly long sleeved) for work and I bought a t-shirt that says: Ohio Valley Education. I mean, what were the odds of finding THAT here?!
There's these really cool photo machines in Japan that air brush you up and you can add really cool effects. Kristina's brother, Chris showed up and we crammed into some booths to take pictures. I love them because all of these 'air brushings' make your eyes larger. Here in Japan their eyes are a bit smaller.... my eyes are MASSIVE in these things. I look like a freaking alien. But it's hilarious.
Last night I went karaoke-ing with Chris and I didn't plan on being out all night, because I had worked that day and I was sooo tired. But we ending up staying until it closed (4 AM) and we walked out into the dawn of the city. So yeah, I went to sleep when the sun was up. I still can't get used to the sun rising SO early! Karaoke was fun - he likes metal songs so I'd try to scream along to some of the songs I knew. And because he knows Japanese, he found this really obscure song that I couldn't believe the place had... I freaked. In fact, I owe him 1,000 yen (like, 10 bucks) because I was certain this song wouldn't be in the directory.
Here are two of the pics we took. You can actually get the photo booth to e-mail you two that you picked. I picked the one of me with the peace sign and Kiko picked the ice cold turkey. Anyway, in order: Chris, Nini, Me and Kiko.



SO FUN!! Tomorrow is Nini's going away barbeque (she heads off to college in a month) and on Saturday we're all going to the beach. Should be a nice time -- thank goodness for my summer vacation!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

They all look american in the pictures. These are great! Keep having fun on vacation and maybe buy some extra fans! And one of those 'cool pillows/pads' that are supposed to keep you cooler at night. I miss you!! Love Mom MILY

Anonymous said...

You look like an ad for a Disney channel show. I love that photo booth--want to get one for my 50th bday party. And at 50--you can use all the airbrushing you can get!!

Glad you're having a fun vacation--stay cool:-)
xoxo aunt jenni