Ramen Noodles

Ramen Noodles

Thursday, August 4, 2011

Surprise Nebuta visit!

Tonight before my last class I biked to watch 15 minutes of Nebuta. It was GREAT. Loads more people and it was much louder. Some nice guy was trying to talk to me while I watched and I hopefully* explained I am a teacher and could only watch for a few minutes. Eventually, I had to leave and I was a bit sad.
Well, I hit my class and one of my students said she works every night and won't have time to go to Nebuta this year. NOT OKAY. So I asked if she would like to go. WE WENT. MY CLASS WENT. We spent 45 minutes watching Nebuta and I'd yell at them if they spoke in Japanese. It was fantastic. One of my other students asked as we walked back to school if I took pictures and I told him no... I kept saying 'wow' too often to take a picture.
Tomorrow night my class has already decided to go so I will try to bring my camera. And if not - I'll at least wear that ballin' hat.
* - Thank you to the Google Translate App. It is my lifeline in this country.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This was like an American school field trip:-) Only we never did anything cool like a parade--we were punished with museum trips. xoxo aunt jenni