Ramen Noodles

Ramen Noodles

Saturday, July 30, 2011

Yeah? Well the JERK STORE CALLED!

If none of you object, it would make me feel better if people would stop telling my mom and dad that they like the way I write. It's incredibly flattering but it's dangerous because it makes Melissa almost think she could *possibly* one day have a future outside of teaching/a low paying job (i.e: write a book that ONE PERSON OTHER THAN HER MOTHER on this planet would buy) --- not to mention it puts an enormous amount of pressure on her to come up with witty one-liners and what have you. So let's agree not to expect much award-winning writing on this site, yes? Although there's this lovely link that reminds me every time I visit that I can turn this into a book for a mere fifteen dollars.......
Did you know if you have a iPhone (Coates family - I'm looking at you!!) you can download a program called Yure Kuru which alerts you to earthquakes in Japan? Good thing is it gives you up to a 30 second warning before the quake strikes and you can set it up to fit your location. Which wouldn't really pertain to any of you because everyone I know who reads this is outside of Japan. Well anyway, I use it - and so do millions of others in Japan. Bad thing is it's only in Japanese. (There is an English program that I also use, but that's .99 cents and I'm not gonna tell anyone to download such a useless app when they're not in Japan). I dunno, it just makes me feel like I illiterately belong.
A lovely card came in the mail for me today from my Angie. Thanks Angie I love the picture AND the little prayer card. I MISS YOU!!!!! And if I could figure out how to mail a letter without dragging my Japanese friends with me to the post office - you'd be getting one :) But until then, here's your shout-out!!
PS- to my family, I talked about Seinfeld in DETAIL today with my advance class. Please send some DVD's ASAP. BYOB. OMG LOL. TTYL. (please... stop me.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

was I in my angie's pic??? xoxo aunt jenni

Anonymous said...

We will copy some of them. I will try to find the one with Jerry & the Japanese investors. Your friends can see if they really speak Japanese and if it makes sense. Love Mom MILY