Ramen Noodles

Ramen Noodles

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Le sigh.

I take it that the majority of my readers are older, yes?
Well, did you ever discover that one of your old school class mates like, works for a famous sports company? And you feel just completely inadequate and ashamed that you haven't won an Emmy? Wallowing in my grief here, people.
I do good work, I just don't win awards for it. You know what I win? A kid's smile. Case in point:
The conclusion to The Journey of Murasaki.




Yep made these bad boy sunglasses myself:





 It was worth hearing the kids squeal with laughter. And apparently it was such a hit that Yu told me "one more week" with Murasaki, so I can make more pictures. I take it that they loved this. Yu's final words to me today were translated by Google Translate (she typed them into my phone)
And purple, I live happily with.
Purple is Murasaki and I think she wrote it as Murasaki saying he lives happily with me. At least, that's my best educated guess. It's just charming, the way she wrote it. So, YEAH. SUCK ON THAT, EMMY WINNER!!!!!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree--I'd rather have a kid smile than an Emmy. I said before I think the idea is genius. Keep it up--you never know you might win the Teaching English in Japan equivalent of an Emmy! XOXO Aunt Jenni

Melissa said...

Thanks Aunt Jenni. I love you :)

Anonymous said...

The pictures of Murasaki are adorable. What about a book when you get home? The Travels of Murasaki and finally his return home to Yu/Vu. The kids in Japan would probably love it. Possibly in America too! Start working on a story and book, taking pictures. I love the one tucked into your bed with tooth fairy bear next to him. These are worth an Emmy.

By the way, who one an emmy that you know? Love Mom MILY