Ramen Noodles

Ramen Noodles

Monday, July 4, 2011

Crank the speakers on this one!

Since yesterday so miserably unproductive, today I set out with purpose... by the way, happy 4th of July - and no, Japan definitely does NOT celebrate this holiday.
I went to two of my favorite stores: Happy Drug and the nearest 100 Yen shop. Happy Drug doesn't really sell drugs, it's a grocery store. But a kind of crappy one because they don't sell fruit or veggies. Although you can get those all over little "Mom and Pop" stores. Still, it's a pain. I didn't actually buy groceries, but kitchen ware. So, off to the 100 Yen shop.
I bought so much crap. A little elephant watering can for my tiny plants, cushions for my balcony chairs, more kitchen ware (people, I officially have enough things to make spaghetti and scrambled eggs.... which I plan on making ONE of those today). HAD to buy some cups because one of them fell off the shelf and shattered (I'm still finding little pieces of glass in the sink) and these have fantastic Engrish.
While I was shopping this song came on the speakers. I'm trying to think of a cartoon of equal fame in America and I guess it'd be Spongebob. So this would be like hearing a Spongebob song playing on KISS 107 or any of the other pop channels. I actually sat there and listened because I couldn't believe they'd play a song about a cartoon where old people shop.
I was proud of myself because I knew the words I heard were:
Pokemon no namae ietanara.
and I could look it up when I came home and find it!
THIS SONG BELONGS IN DANCE CLUBS BECAUSE IT'S SO COOL.

No comments: