Ramen Noodles

Ramen Noodles

Monday, July 25, 2011

Busy bee.

It has been a very busy weekend.
Saturday night I went to the Yasukata festival - which I had went to last week. It was American Blues band night and it was nice to see they still came to Japan... proving it's still safe!! I hung out with my English friend and his wife, then some of my American friends.
Sunday! So when I was a younger kid I always wanted to see a Pokemon movie IN JAPAN. And I did. My friend took me and her oldest son to see the White movie. Money-hungry Pokemon Japan made 2 movies Black or White. Anyway, I didn't understand any of it and I really can't even explain what it was about. I mean, I know, but it's hard to put in words. And that night was the last night of the Yasukata festival, so I went with Miwa and her boys... Ryuya really wanted to see the Nebuta floats - now being worked on 24 hours a day. Only a few are viewable to the public... most are hidden. It was a nice night. Also saw a shooting star that night!!
Today (Monday) was all about making my house a little more home-y. I bought little bath rugs for my bathroom, toilet room and kitchen. Actually I made 2 trips to 'Happy Drug' because one little rug in the kitchen looked silly and I remembered back home Mom just lays 2 next to each other. The same woman checked me out twice and she said "second visit?" when I came back. I laughed.
Also bought de-humidifiers (little containers you just set out and they suck up water. Nothing high tech). Then I cleaned and cleaned and did laundry and cleaned. I'm really tired.
Pretty sunset Friday night.

Murasaki's eating Alphabet pasta my mom sent me :)

DAD. THEY HAD SARATOGA CHIPS AT THE FESTIVAL!!! And they tasted JUST LIKE Buffalo Wings and Rings!! 

Obviously I'm not allowed to buy this soap -- Playing the race card here:

Mom. This is for you :D
Click on the picture and you can read when you need a portable toilet!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The portable mini toilet is perfect for Mother's Day! You have to have one of those waiting for her when she comes:-) The saratoga chips look great--hope there's a festival when they visit. I'm amazed at their packaging always having American words--but glad for your sake. xoxo Aunt Jenni

Anonymous said...

That is the kind of food I want to try. I would love to have that gizmo in our toilet. Sure would make the time go faster! Glad Murasaki likes the food we send. And that you still have some. Love Mom MILY