Ramen Noodles

Ramen Noodles

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Meet my favorite kids.

Wednesdays are usually not such a great day for me and in the evening, I really look forward to these little guys. Today Ko showed up at 5:50 ... and class starts at 6:15. All these kids live far from the school, so their parents drive them. I wonder how Ko gets his mom to take him to class so early. He dreams of being a soccer player and we talk about soccer a lot. He told me he wants to play for FC Barcelona.... I hope the kid makes it. He's playing Donkey Kong on my DS and it's cute how he tries to get me involved. He loves to joke around with me and he's actually sitting in the teachers chair... which is now his permanent spot. I've been shafted to the students section of the table :P

YUUU!!!!! This is Murasaki's mom and she is just.... gah, there are no words. She is SO SWEET and I think if I ever had to teach the class without her, it would be awful. Silly bandz went over really well with her - she wears the four I let her pick out every class. You can't see her other toys but they're there. Alice in Wonderland, a bunny, a yellow duck... a donut, an ice cream sundae. They're out every class and I am okay with that because I  was that kid   STILL AM that kid. It also helps that she's incredibly smart, and I can teach a lesson in 5 minutes and I can count on her to understand.

Na and Yu playing with Yu's toys. Na brings a pink bunny, and that white bunny is Yu's. Na is really quiet and shy. Ko and Yu tend to volunteer information to me - and want to communicate with me, but Na will just sit back and watch. She likes to play Angry Birds on my iPhone and since Na is usually second to arrive, she gets to play her game (because Ko hijacks the DS). I like to play tricks on her because she laughs really easy. She's SUCH a cute little girl... just look at her headband!! WAHH!!!


They make me thankful I came to Japan.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

awwww, that almost made me cry! Those kids are adorable. I'm sure they're glad you came to Japan too!! XOXO Aunt Jenni

Melissa said...

Awww don't cry Aunt Jenni!!! I think it's the pain medication that may make you cry :)

Anonymous said...

Those kids are adorable! I hope I get to meet them too. Be sure to share the toys you have with them. Do they have the same kind of toys? Do they have Angry Birds on their phones? Love Mom MILY