Ramen Noodles

Ramen Noodles

Monday, July 18, 2011

HANABI!!!!

Sorry I have been slacking on posting. But I have news! Japan won the World Cup!!!-- But you knew that. Unless you live under a rock.-- I am very happy for my new country. And they're all beyond thrilled here.
Anyway, last night was a big Yasukata festival along the ASPAM building (that triangle thing). One of my friends, Miwa, invited me. It was her son, Ryuya's 4th birthday. It was a bit awkward because I was the only English speaker, so I did what I usually do in uncomfortable situations... found the kids. Ryuya and Gembi are brothers and I took them to play on some climbing thing. I don't know much Japanese, but I knew enough to tell Gembi to GO FOR IT! (Gambare!) and he did. Then Ryuya wanted to see the Nebuta floats (which is in 2 weeks and it's going to be great) and he wanted to see the sea (umi). That part of the night was great but I was getting tired trying to watch them, Ryuya especially. Fireworks were due to start and I took them back.
This is Gembi and some nice girl.... Gembi loved playing Angry Birds!

Apparently the best in Japan. I MET HER!!! But Miwa didn't tell me until after. I felt bad, because I should have been more impressed while talking to her.

Firework time!! They're the same as back home, only in Japan they talk through the firework show. I heard a lot of Gambare Nippon's so it was probably a feel good show since the earthquake.

Hahaha Gembi enjoying the show!! (He's wearing Ralph Lauren... funny that he's wearing a USA shirt)




Tomorrow's entry will be about Melissa's first try at cooking!! It's a cliffhanger.... only she knows how it turned out.... stay tuned.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Who's the famous person? A singer? Is she on i-tunes? Probably not. Sometimes at a party where I know the adults I'd rather hang with the kids! XOXO Aunt Jenni

Anonymous said...

I can't believe that more of Miwa's friends don't want to talk to you. That will help if I ever meet anyone from abroad. I will be sure to talk their arm off. Just like I did with poor Mara. Asking the dumb questions that no one else asks. Love Mom MILY