Ramen Noodles

Ramen Noodles

Sunday, July 17, 2011

Taco Bell Dreams

I had a dream last night that I flew home just for one day and had to go back to Japan. Strangely, my parents weren't really in the dream at all, it became a dream about my quest for Taco Bell. Back home, I ate it often... so often that the guy who ran the drive-thru knew me as Japan Girl. Anyway, HE WAS IN MY DREAM!!! He told me they made a new recipe and it's better now. So I'm thinking in my head, while dreaming:
'What?! I've been gone 3 months and they changed the recipe NOW?!'
It tasted horrific. I remember eating it and and spitting it back out into a paper napkin and I just wanted the old soft taco recipe and they said they didn't have it anymore. So they were looking for a make-your-own-taco kit but I was going to miss my plane... but my dad didn't book the flight because he was being too lazy and I forgot to remind him enough times to FORCE HIM TO REMEMBER SOMETHING (it's normal at my house, believe me. Hi Dad, you don't remember anything... ever but I still love you)!
Ugh. Nightmares. But yeah, I miss my mom and dad and dog too. They just hadn't changed.... I guess?
The end.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oddly, those are the type dreams I have after I've eaten Taco Bell. I have another hometown memory for you: I was talking to your mom today on the phone and she had to get off because your dad was screaming because he was trying to put something back in the freezer and every time he put something in something else fell out. Remember that?? Yeah, that hasn't changed either!! XOXO

Dad said...

Just keep this in mind....I don't stock the freezer...If I did, things wouldn't fall out when you open the door...