Ramen Noodles

Ramen Noodles

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

IT'S SO DARN HOT -- MILK WAS A BAD CHOICE!

-sarcasm-
Oh, I'm SORRY. Is it hot back home?! I didn't notice that you were hot - since you live in an air conditioned building!   -/sarcasm-
Whoa, sorry you had to see that side of me - although you've probably have... especially if you're in my family. Truly, I know it's unbearably hot back home, and normally I'd be sitting right there complaining with you. But now that I've matured -- IT'S WAY HOTTER HERE BECAUSE I DON'T HAVE AIR CONDITIONING.
Yeah, that was an adult thing to say. Today it was 90 (it was only supposed to be 80... the weather channel does a pretty crappy job on any city outside the US) and at one point my bedroom was a chilly 87. EIGHTY SEVEN!!
Currently, it's 83 in my bedroom and I shouldn't complain. But I just can't help it. I'm sooooo hot. It gets really humid at night, so the air is cooler, but then everything is sticky. It's a no win situation. I want air conditioning. The cheapest costs like, 50,000 yen (628 dollars according to currency converter). At least I haven't seen any of the terrifying flying cockroaches that you just LIVE WITH in southern Japan. I will gladly melt instead of living with air and those things.
This is a Japanese 'Marissa' in the eyes of her students. You know it says "teacher smells" or "ugly teacher" or something like that.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

those pics are great! have them draw them on paper and keep them. Especially the one on the left!

Yep, it's hot here too. Played golf yesterday and had water running down places on my body that I'm not sure I've ever felt before:-) My only advice would be to go shopping--or are the stores not air conditioned either. If not find a friend who has air conditioning and invite yourself over for a slumber party. XO Aunt Jenni