Ramen Noodles

Ramen Noodles

Thursday, July 7, 2011

2 weeks of sleeplessness down the DRAIN.

I am utterly exhausted. Miraculously I woke up at 2:50 AM last night to hear Nancy Grace shouting that a verdict was in. So naturally I stayed awake, called my mom and otherwise FREAKED OUT. But then it came back 'not guilty' and my adrenaline didn't die down until 5 am where I fell asleep to the daylight. Yep, as the verdict was being read, the sun was juuust rising. Very pretty sunrise, and my first to ever see in Japan because it occurs at 3:30 AM. Today I woke up at 9 so I got about 4 hours of sleep last night.
Thanks jury. I want to  hug  STRANGLE each and every one of you for making my last 2 weeks of SLEEPLESSNESS   WORTHWHILE - oh no, wait. You DIDN'T!
Now my job is to tell all of my advanced classes all about the horrendous 'justice' system in the United States. I say we turn to Japan's justice system... which is pretty much the same thing, only for the death penalty, you're HUNG. Really barbaric but I admire that. Probably why there's hardly any crime in this country!
Was anyone else just completely depressed today? Maybe it was just me because I actually had a reason to wish it was just a bad dream.
Yep, that's it. Nuttin' on Japan today. Except that they still hang people for their crimes.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

thought about you when I heard. Called your mom and dad last night just to do a mental check. So glad I didn't get into the trial!

Took Erich to the ER on Monday--cut his finger at work. Got 5 stitches. That was 2 ER runs in 8 days--hope we're done!!

Anonymous said...

I didn't follow the trial, but it sure seems that she was guilty of some part of it. One lawyer friend's comment was that the prosecution probably tried for too high of a conviction per the evidence that could be presented. - Jeff