Ramen Noodles

Ramen Noodles

Monday, June 20, 2011

A typical 'church' festival in Japan

If this is "church" festival season in Japan, it'll never end. There's so many shrines and temples and luckily we found a festival they were throwing!! LET'S GO!!
This is my fortune! I am a little bit lucky. So was Yomo and his mom, Ayako. Very interesting fortune.

Hahaha little Yomo hiding behind his fortune... love this kid!!

After reading your fortune, you tie it to a rope under a tree. Yep, guess who tore hers trying to tie it in a knot? -- WELL it shouldn't have been made of PAPER!

Festival time! It's a Pikachu sucker!! And it was only 400 yen!! (that's ridiculously expensive for a sucker and I didn't know how much it was until after I picked it up and had my heart set on it)

This is where you wash your hands (and occasionally your mouth) at the shrine. Ew. But I am a fan of that dragon.

WHAT IS THIS?! Our best guess was that it was a dog... anyway, here's a side shot of my ice cream.

This just screams Japan doesn't it? Well, it better because it certainly does to me.

I'm just thrilled to have paid 5 yen to ring a giant bell and make a mockery of myself.

Ayako's gonna be so mad that I posted this on my blog! ... if she knew I had one!

Walk-way to the temple. Love these things!!!!!

Love them so much I wanted a picture with one! (And notice Yomo on the bottom left)

Offering... place? That's a basket of vegetables behind me people. Much more practical offering than money, if you ask me. Churches back home could take a few notes!

They set off fireworks to signal the start of the celebration. I freaked out and Ayako's husband got that in a picture.

The family shot my mom has been DYING for... here you go Mom... and they know all about why I had to take it.

This is a nice area in a crowded, gray city.

LITTLE HARU!! He can slurp noodles better than me and he's 2!!!

His chopstick skillz are maddd too, yo :)

And Yomo handles chopsticks better than me. Yep, I was so fascinated that I had to take pictures.  

It was fun. HAPPY FATHER'S DAY DAD!! PLEASE SAY A PRAYER FOR HIM... HIS APPENDIX ISN'T DOING SO WELL!!!!!!! :'-(

No comments: