Ramen Noodles

Ramen Noodles

Friday, June 10, 2011

Gotta save this money now!

I GOT MONEY IN DA BANK! ... to quote Little Scrappy, the rapper. Today was pay day!! My first, FULL paycheck! Unfortunately a chunk of it went to the school, because it was my down payment on my apartment, but I still have twice as much as I made last month and I am pretty happy. Tonight, as I was laying on my couch, I thought about how un-different (yep, not a real word) this place really is. I mean, the language barrier is a nightmare when I'm without my Japanese friends, but I have a routine and my apartment is - well, as Americanized as much as it can be. I just want my dog... and not her hair, which has somehow still survived the journey in epic amounts. Oh, LEXI!!
I was walking around today and these young people (haaaa we're talking like, my age) were doing a public survey about Fukushima. They asked if the Japanese government should keep Fukushima, and continue using some of it, or completely destroy it... GUESS WHAT I VOTED FOR?! GET RID OF THAT HORRIBLE THING!! And I cheered, and they cheered and it was cute. One of them even said "thank you." ENGLISH!!! WOOO!!!! I'm staying hip and cool in Japan. By the way, that column was totally winning over the other one.
But see, without my Japanese friend, Ayako, I wouldn't have been able to have that fun moment. Shows how important they are to me (especially her... good thing she doesn't read this!! hahahaaa)

No comments: