Ramen Noodles

Ramen Noodles

Thursday, June 16, 2011

Even adult students can make my day!

When you think of the word 'student,' you typically think of a younger person... NOT SO! And I prefer it this way. Many of my students are older than me... some way older. Like today, I have a lesson with this older lady and she is always bringing things to school to share with me. 2 weeks ago it was this fabulous cream cake, last week was sweet bean paste (that was awful, but I'm nice and stomached 2 bites... she thought it was funny) and this week she brought a KIMONO... one of her own kimono's for me to try on.
Actually, she explained at the end of class that she does this because she has no brothers or sisters and I told her I was exactly the same. Aw, her face lit up and jeeze, she has to be the cutest 60 year old I've ever met. I love her. My mom may be crying as she's reading this... (we can talk more about her later, Mom!!)
She's actually in the background!! I had no freaking idea how to put this on, so she did everything for me and I felt like a little boy who was getting his tie straightened by his mom. She said the length was pretty good but the sleeves were WAY short. I didn't know I had such long arms :)
And I look HORRIBLE in this picture. Now we can all laugh about Melissa's non-attractiveness at work!

No comments: