Ramen Noodles

Ramen Noodles

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Kids are the best!!

Old news, but last night there was a big earthquake. And by big, I mean the biggest I've felt in my life (okay it was a 5.3 so, yeah that's a big'un to someone from Cincinnati). For a moment, the thought entered my mind to run and grab my video camera, but all you would have seen were my clothes swinging back and forth and my APARTMENT CREAKING - that was freaky. I was scared and of course I called my parents in a panic but everything was fine and my dad sent me a really nice link of current Japanese earthquakes. Thanks Dad :)

My last post was sad, and I thank my kid students I had today, who just have that way of knowing how to cheer me up. My 4 year olds are precious and one of the girls' moms told our secretary that her daughter has started speaking English at home and that she's only just started since Melissa took over. WHEEEE. That made me smile and gah! they are just adorable kids.

And afterwards, god bless my evening kids' class... the kids are like, 8 or 9 and they're phenomenal. Just, amazing. I always give them my iPod, or today, I gave them my Nintendo DS and they played Mario Kart and Pokemon while waiting for class to start. Anyway, they immediately came up to me and asked "Melissa... tamagotchi?" because I had told them I REALLY REALLY want one now that I'm in the country of tamagotchi. No, sad face, I don't have one... so one of the little girls (who brings so many toys to class... I absolutely ADORE THAT) let me look at hers for a bit.
I came to Japan to grow up and honestly, I don't think it'll EVER happen. Hey, I tried Mom!!!

No comments: