Ramen Noodles

Ramen Noodles

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Hoping I don't feel alone tomorrow.

Whoooa Nelly today was not such a great day.
Everyone here looks the same (now, they would probably argue that, but let's face it.... they do). But not only do they look the same, they talk the same, they all wear suits and panty hose, and all the girls laugh alike. Anyway, today our secretary is leaving, so she's training 2 new girls to take her place. All day long I had to sit there and listen to them chatter away and giggle... and my word, girls here giggle like freaking ... well, like THIS:

They're SO LOUD and it's SO HIGH... I mean, do ALL women sound like this? 'Cause I know I don't!
It's all I heard and after crying a few tears, I couldn't take it. I left (on a break, no, I wouldn't walk out of a job) and I bought some Haagen Dazs and sat over-looking the bay and ate my ice cream and played Angry Birds for a half hour. I was just so angry and sad that I don't fit in here. Even if I looked similar I'd feel better. But I'm just so unbelievably different and it's heart breaking at times.

On the plus side, my job turned into my old one for a split second when one of my students erased the board that had our "rankings" of Crazy 8's. Little Ko was first and he got mad that Yu erased his name and he burst into tears. He's the kid who wrote 'spaghetti' on his homework a boatload of times and so I started asking him if he wanted spaghetti and it took him a bit, but he laughed. And eventually he was buckled over laughing so hard because we sang the spaghetti song to cheer him up. And it reminded me of my old job... where I was miserable, but I had to make my little kids happy. Why that cheered me up, I have no idea.

On the plus, plus side... those girls are exactly alike? Well, it's HOT and Japan hasn't heard of antiperspirant (stinky)... guess it's not so horrible being different after all! SSSNNNNNAAAAPPPPP!

No comments: