Ramen Noodles

Ramen Noodles

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Silly Bands mean something to me!!

I wear these two silly band bracelets on my right wrist... it's Patrick and Squidward from Spongebob. Before I left, there were these three 6th graders who always made me laugh, and basically helped me survive in that nightmare of a job. I gave each of them 3 silly bands (Spongebob, Squidward and Patrick) and I didn't intend for this to happen, but I started wearing my 3 every day... starting on my last day of work. Never take them off. Well, Spongebob broke a few weeks ago, but Squidward and Patrick are still hanging tough (I brought replacements, but I'm afraid that the other Spongebob will break and then I'll have nothing to hold on to).
Yeah, okay, teachers aren't supposed to have favorites, at least that's what they tell you. They do. It's human nature. So now these silly bands have turned into the students, and I think about them anytime I look at them... which is often since it's t-shirt season, and silly bands aren't around in Japan (kids really like looking at them).
I don't regret leaving, but I regret that I couldn't take them with me... maybe it would inspire them to do something better with their lives. Sorry, this isn't a funny post... I just wish I could say 'hi' to them.

No comments: