Ramen Noodles

Ramen Noodles

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Skippy peanut butter STINKS!!!

Today I brought in Jif peanut butter for my class of  'older' ladies. (Aka - they're my mom's/dad's age) Japan's peanut butter is REALLY sugary, and I don't plan on ever trying it because:
A. Other Americans who have tried it said it's horrendous.
B. That'd just be a waste of money!
Although they do sell Skippy here - but let's all be honest here... that's the poor man's peanut butter. AHHA! I kid, I kid. But I don't know many people who eat Skippy. Anyway, I let the ladies try Jif on saltine crackers and we all know how peanut butter can quiet a room down with its stickiness. Once they regained the ability to speak they said it was good. I asked if it was better than Skippy. The verdict?
Yes.
OH YEAH BABY!! I think they were more impressed that this was air mailed from the USA to Japan. That's the stuff I've been living on for a month and a half and when I told them this, one of the ladies said I might get gout. I laughed. That was really sweet, but I haven't heard of anyone getting that from peanut butter. Plus, gout only affects old people, right? Let's just pretend it does, even if it doesn't. I'm not giving up my survival food.
Would you like to know why I have YET to post a video? Because I sound like a man. Perhaps in real life my voice is as low as it is on video and if that's the case, I apologize profusely. I hate my voice so much that I refuse to post it on-line. Maybe one day, if I lose my voice, I'll post a video. I promise :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

how's life ? anervousredheadinjapan.blogspot.com blogger found your website via yahoo but it was hard to find and I see you could have more visitors because there are not so many comments yet. I have discovered site which offer to dramatically increase traffic to your blog http://mass-backlinks.com they claim they managed to get close to 4000 visitors/day using their services you could also get lot more targeted traffic from search engines as you have now. I used their services and got significantly more visitors to my blog. Hope this helps :) They offer best services to increase website traffic at this website http://mass-backlinks.com