Ramen Noodles

Ramen Noodles

Sunday, June 5, 2011

Hooray for finding English friends!!

Had a really great night last night with an American and a Brit. Well, and of course Japanese. But talking to native English speakers is a really nice change. I mentioned to them about me missing my stupid LAMP and the way it lit the room and they said they actually understood. They told me lamps aren't around in Japan, that everyone's all over overhead lighting (which to me, is stupid. If there's an earthquake, you better not be under a HANGING LIGHT... DUH!) and all lighting is pretty much fluorescent.
We talked about how Japanese TV is just insanely bright compared to American and British TV. There's too many colors. And how everyone pretty much yells in every TV program. See, it's things like these that are refreshing to talk about. Don't get me wrong, I love my Japanese friends. But occasionally it gets tiring having to explain a random phrase or word.
So today was a super nice day outside, I wore shorts and a t-shirt... and went shopping for things I should have bought immediately. Like, measuring cups. But it was hard to find anything with our American measurements. I mean, rulers? Forget about it. I need to ask my mom to ship a stupid RULER.
Wanna see what I made in Japan, with the help of Yuuri?
I took it home with me... I was so proud... but I needed a LOT of help from her! Origami is TOUGH!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Go to Tokyu Hands. They have so much stuff.