Ramen Noodles

Ramen Noodles

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Feelin' better.

I feel better today. Last night I couldn't sleep and I suddenly found this image in my head (when I closed my eyes) of my bedroom. I was sitting on my bed, and looking over to the right, I could see my lamp... which has a yellowish glow (aka, it's not fluorescent). I started crying hysterically because I MISS that lamp. I miss the light it cast in my bedroom. Oh gosh there's so many things I miss from that one image, which is absolutely ridiculous.
You'd think I'd cry for my mom. Or dad. Or DOG, OH GOSH MY DOG!! But no, it's lots of tears for a LAMP. A LAMP THAT'S AT LEAST 20 YEARS OLD. When I get back home, I will sit on my bed and look over at that lamp and cry tears of joy. But I mean, I'll joyfully cry for my parents and dog first. Obviously!!
One of the big reasons I came to Japan was SOCCER. I am nuts about their soccer and tonight was the very first national Japan game I got to watch on TV. I felt I needed to eat a bowl of Special K cereal since I was normally up at 5 am back home, huddled in front of my small computer screen, screaming bad words into a pillow when the connection would freeze up -- didn't want to wake up my mom and dad. Sometimes Dad came into my room... pretty mad, too. Now I can watch the glory in HD.... on a TV.... eating DINNER.... screaming like a nutcase and wouldn't you know it, they ended up tying.
Step it up, Japan. I didn't come all this way for you people to succeed in mediocrity.
Even better, I get to watch commercials! I REALLY DO enjoy these babies... case in point:
I'll never eat food the same way again. At least I can laugh every day at silly things like this.

No comments: