Ramen Noodles

Ramen Noodles

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

RAMUNE!!!!!!

Back home, a while before I left... actually, I think even before I told my parents I was thinking of teaching in Japan, my mom bought this crazy Japanese drink called RaMuNe. Ramune is a pop... er, soda for people not in Cincinnati and it's GOOD. But weird. It has this marble in it, and it's honestly hard to open and head for the hills when you do because it sounds like an explosion. Well anyway, I FOUND IT HERE!! It was at the 100 yen shop! (I LOOOVE that store!) And it has one of my favorite Japanese anime on it (no, not weird, gross anime. Cute, funny anime... they do exist, I swear) It's Shin Channnn:

He's this kindergartener who says really inappropriate things. I think it's more kid-friendly here in Japan... but back home, there's swear words galore so keep the kids FAR AWAY.

I'm trying to remember back when I was first learning to read. Here, if I can read a symbol (or two in a row, if I'm lucky) I can actually sort of figure out what it is I'm reading... like the middle line says... Shi Nu (so I assume, chan is after that) and then the last line says __ Mu __ so I naturally assume it says Ra Mu Ne!
I hope I'm right or I look pretty stupid to you right now - if you can read Japanese. Whatever people, I'm tired. So if you live in Cincinnati and want to try Ramune, either go to that big liquor store (party source? Wow I've been gone 2 MONTHS and I've forgotten names already?!) or ask my mom where she got it. There's no alcohol in it, so it's safe for kids! We just happen to sell it at a liquor store... silly Cincinnati XD

No comments: