Ramen Noodles

Ramen Noodles

Monday, September 12, 2011

massive update... sorry everyone!

Time for an update isn't it?!
My business classes were pretty great. Wednesday's classes were super fun and the advanced group has some extremely well spoken individuals. Plus, a few of the guys love soccer - like me! Thursday was okay, I won't be teaching that class, and all of the men were busy, so it ended up being a private lesson with me and some pretty important guy in the company. And Friday was painful for the first hour, but it got a bit better and I even made the students laugh when we looked at a role playing exersize about how to re-act over birthday presents. Going around Japan this past week... it's indescribably beautiful. On one side of the train, I look out over a small (REALLY) small town and on the other is such a dense forest. It's really like something out of a movie.
Funny, on Wednesday, I was so terrified. And I was sitting on my train, trying not to get motion sick, when Hirosaki's stop came up... and out of the window was a massive rainbow. Just, possibly the biggest one I've ever seen. And I know WHY they appear, but I like to think it was a message from The Big Man telling me it's going to be alright. THANKS.
Our new teacher is here and he's great. He has nothing, just like me. So Friday night I took him out to dinner and today we (plus our schools secretaries) went shopping at the home improvement store... I BOUGHT A REALLY SWEET CHAIR!! It's like one of those 'on the ground' chairs for playing video games - but it also completely fits in with the Japanese lifestyle so now maybe my neck won't hurt after staring at my computer for so long. It's coming tomorrow.
I ALSO BOUGHT AN AIR PUMP FOR MY BIKE! HOORAY!! THIS SPONGE IS STILL MOBILE!!!!
PS- I also also watched the 9/11 coverage. I said I wasn't, because I watched it all like, 2 years ago and bawled my eyes out. But I felt like I had to because I'm not home this year. It was beautiful and I cried again. A LOT. I even wore black today in the memory... wishin' I was home :/

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, you were a tad more forthcoming in this update than you were last night on skype. Maybe we shouldn't skype when you're asleep! The train ride sounds like fun--not sure about the motion sickness part--just look straight ahead--of course, then you'll miss all the beauty out the window.

Glad your classes are going well--adults in the business world could be fun--they want to learn. Makes a big difference!

Michael won Bachelor pad--it was very exciting. Although Ashley, your mom & I all can't stand Holly. What a twit she is!

And I think the same thing every time I see a rainbow. Always reassuring to remember the Big Guy LOVES us!!!! xoxox aunt jenni