Ramen Noodles

Ramen Noodles

Friday, May 27, 2011

Wow I HATE when sad songs come on my iTunes!

There is a happy little neighborhood store called Family Mart that's about 2 minutes from my work building. Once I was recognized by the head guy who runs the store the second time I walked in (and he told me he knows some English, which practically made me cry tears of joy), I decided to go to Family Mart every work day. Now all of the staff know who I am and they are so sweet and nice whenever I come in. I love the girls who work there... one of them told me I had beautiful eyes. Money is tight until June 10th, and now I have to start thinking of a budget, which may knock Family Mart off the map. I mean, they have pretty good broken English skills, but it may be impossible for me to explain that seeing them brightens my day and that I'm not buying anything, I just wanted to walk in and smile for a few minutes.
I ended up wasting 120 yen on a hash-brown looking thing (I thought it would be BEEF) and it turned into fried curry. Le sigh. One day this will be funny... it will all be funny one day. Weird, if I were back at home right now, I'd be unemployed since the school year is over. That's certainly not funny. 11 months seems like a long time to see my mom and dad. And dog.
But I have to put in one positive thing - ever heard of that video game, Pokemon? Yeah, that stupid thing first got me interested in Japan over 10 years ago and tonight the TV show was on... and I watched it and wondered what that little 12 year old girl would think of herself now? She'd smack her older self and say "be HAPPY you're away from your parents! go drink some diet pop... and OH MY GOSH - GO BUY POKEMON CARDS."
Mmkay, those cards won't ever happen but I think the happiness might.  :)

No comments: