Ramen Noodles

Ramen Noodles

Monday, May 23, 2011

a DIY kind of girl!

It's really tough trying to survive on your own.... actually, the only thing that's been super tough on me is the assembly of furniture. You know, before I left, my dad did everything for me. Or my mom, but she isn't a do-it-yourself type of person. Since coming here, I've assembled 2 dressers all by myself. I finished the first (littler one) about a week ago and yesterday I decided to tackle the big one. It doesn't help that the directions are all in Japanese and that I'm a wimpy looking girl. Let's do this.
Lots of yelling came with this one. A lot of banging (the frame just would NOT stay up, and I often thought during this time that I desperately needed someone else's help). I actually punched the wall in sheer anger at one point... but it didn't break and I didn't break my hand. Anger management? Eh probably won't find it here!
But once I took a small break, calmly looked at it and tried again, it worked. Haaa that figures! And after a long and grueling day, it was finished.
Why, hello GIANT pain in my back/arms/legs. See the upper right drawer? It doesn't close fully! I really don't CARE, but I think it's possibly because the two drawers need to be switched... like it's on the wrong side. But I also don't want to waste more energy to find out I was WRONG. At least the little one is put together perfectly... and this drawer just barely sticks out - so I'm satisfied.
Just another tough day of roughin' it in adult country.

No comments: