Ramen Noodles

Ramen Noodles

Sunday, January 29, 2012

I hear the plows out...

In the process of going to bed.
I got my hair cut, and let me tell you, Japan is superior. They give you a head and neck massage and are sooo gentle when washing your hair. Maybe my hair stylist back home is just really rough, but I looooved it here. Anyway, it's short. Not as boy short as I hope for one day (when I suppose I have children... or a man) but it'll do! I had fun and it was cheap and people stared like you wouldn't believe... and I am not pretty under those fluorescent lights!
Uggh, I used to be thin. I need an intervention.
What else is new... oh let's see.... I have no running water. At first tonight when I came home the toilet was flushing (let's praise God now that it had 2 flushes left in it when it did!) but no water was coming out of any faucets. Still, 8 hours later and no change. I was thinking it was frozen pipes but I would have thought they would have thawed by now... so I called the real estate lady but had to leave a message and I just pray PRAY that she calls tomorrow and we can have whatever it is solved tomorrow. Seriously, I went to Jonathan's tonight to pee, shower and brush my teeth. In that order.

And in final news, we had 2 earthquakes literally 12 hours apart today. I didn't notice the first one (was brushing my teeth and putting on my make-up... 'cause the water was working this morning!) but my phone had alerted me and then we had one a few hours ago and it was fun - but it literally feels like the plows are going by so I think I'm immune to earthquakes now. Ah well

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Praying the water is fixed tomorrow. Your hair looks great! Love Dad...

Anonymous said...

Love your haircut! Didn't notice last night on skype due to the hat you were wearing :) Glad the water if flowing again. Funny how you take such simple things for granted until you don't have them.

Can't imagine what the person thought cutting your extremely thick red hair! i'm sure they went home and told everyone about the experience! xoxo aunt jenni

Anonymous said...

Melissa, your haircut looks great.

You are really getting hit with the snow over there. I'm not sure we'll see much here. Lots of rain for us.

Gina