Ramen Noodles

Ramen Noodles

Thursday, February 2, 2012

Sad image.

I was walking to work and wondered in my head if I'd run into the 2 pigeons I ran into last week where I fed them a few Goldfish crackers. I walked up to the opening near the post office and one lone pigeon literally came running, then flying over to me. And I 'awwww'd' and took out some goldfish to feed it... and I noticed there was a giant flock of crows hunkered over ... another dead pigeon. Totally eating it. I think the image of that little pigeon running, then FLYING to me, seeming like it was wanting help, will stick with me forever. It makes me want to cry even now - I just know that was its friend. So I stuck around as the other crows came flying over and waited for the pigeon to eat the big pieces before walking off. The crows don't actually come near people, but the pigeons do. Poor thing.

Anyway, I was stranded on the train going to Hirosaki for an hour, then got to my business class a hour late, then ended up (luckily!) leaving work early, spending 45 minutes in a cab and then 2 hours on a bus to come home. There's been a terrible blizzard since around 3:30 this afternoon. I've never been in something so massive - there was thundersnow and lots of lightening, which would have been super COOL, if I wasn't car sick, on the verge of throwing up in a cab. NICE. I swear if I have to go through this again, I'm qutting right then and there.

Here's hoping my lone pigeon can make it through this storm - and the rest of the winter.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your pigeon is like the broken foot deer that showed up here. Keep feeding it and it'll make it! Lucky it found you:)

Thundersnow would be awesome. Enjoy all these little mishaps--they'll be stories you remember forever.

Hey, as I'm typing this mbroken foot deer just showed up wih 5 other deer for breakfast. Maybe that's a sign your pigeon will be ok! xoxox aunt jenni

Anonymous said...

Sad little pigeon. Keep feeding it! That would make me dread the trip to and from school. Woorying about seeing the pigeon. Love Mom MILY