Ramen Noodles

Ramen Noodles

Monday, January 9, 2012

Haven't gotten a decent nights sleep in weeks!

It's been back to work this week and I'm already wanting another break!
Tonight though, I went to this department store called Sakurano because under the store is a food market. It's actually a grocery store!! Bought some much needed ground beef and chicken (I'm going to make crock pot chicken tomorrow) and some bread (English Toast with chocolate!) and lots of Dannon yogurt, some juice boxes, bananas, cheese and cream cheese - 'cause I'm going to try my hardest to make Skyline dip for the Super Bowl. Is there a recipe with a toaster oven? Or on the stove? Or MICROWAVE?? Anyone know, please share with me!!
Next weekend is my orientation for work. I'm trying not to worry, since I don't even care -- I'm leaving in 2 and a half months, but I know I'll be nervous to teach my lesson. I actually want to see the tsunami damage in Sendai, which I hope doesn't sound morbid. I don't think there's any debris in the city anymore, but I'm sure there are open areas near the ocean. Just curious, so I'm hoping that night after work I can walk around or take a cab to the ocean.... or maybe I can visit it before leaving on Monday.
Gotta start planning my final vacation days because I can't use them in my last month. Booo. I'd like to go see a soccer game so maybe I can find a way. That would be the best, EVER. It's my favorite thing about Japan!!
And now, sometimes I share with my students fun things about America, and because they don't understand I draw them.... guess what I'm teaching them



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

For sure go to a soccer game! LOVE that idea :) Don't think it's morbid to look at the damage. I'd do the same thing and you know how normal I am. Love your pictures, I think i recognize myself. And you might want to tell them that you uncle is using mucinex currently and still coughing NON-STOP! xoxoxo aunt jenni