Ramen Noodles

Ramen Noodles

Friday, December 16, 2011

Sad news.

Last night was so exciting for me because my parents went back to visit my old school -
And I woke up when they Skyped me and asked what happened, and they didn't take that into account... first words were 'grandma passed away.'
Not a good way to start a day. I just feel like I've been punched in the gut... was able to miss my first two classes today but went in this evening and taught the other three. I managed to go back to sleep for a bit earlier today, and then got incredibly sick. And of course, had to go to work a half hour after that. The JHS girls were so nice - I didn't tell them - but they all bought me Christmas gifts (which was junk and candy, they know me well).
I find it odd, you know, I've been wanting to see a winter storm for so long now, and have been wanting it to snow a LOT and today was the day it did. It hasn't stopped yet, but that was actually nice to walk to and from work in. Kind of hoping my grandma can see me (only when appropriate!! Have you ever thought of that - and then had a sudden fear that they watch you while you're on the toilet? No?? That's just a Melissa fear?!) and since my grandma has never really gone on a vacation, I think Japan would be a great first stop for her.
There haven't been many tears. Just this horrible pain in my stomach.




PS - got a nice Christmas card from my Angie... made me smile today and I needed it!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I absolutely believe that your grandma is with Jesus and they're both smiling down on you. I love and agree with your thought about travel in heaven. That's when we get to see all the places we missed on earth and we don't need to worry about delays, crime, money. What joy!

Love how much your students love you. wrap yourself in as much of that love as you possibly can. soak it up for all it's worth! Praying for you and missing you! xoxo aunt jenni