Ramen Noodles

Ramen Noodles

Saturday, December 10, 2011

HATE crying before bed!

No pictures tonight but I'm thinking I'll be uploading a few tomorrow.
Aomori's landscape has been undergoing a change recently. Due to the impending snowy winter, they build these giant wooden teepee's around bushes and trees. Usually it's in the shape of a teepee with the wood completely surrounding the top of the plant, but sometimes it's a flat roof. It apparently snows THAT MUCH, that the people said they must do this every year on the plants they want to 'save.' Whenever this snow starts, it must be spectacular!
Today was a long day at work and I was getting the shakes after my 3 hour marathon business class - maaaybe the 2 cans of coffee? (BOSS!) - so I ran to a little cafe where I got a killer breakfast sandwich back in the summer. Turns out you can only get that killer sandwich DURING BREAKFAST, but I ordered (off an English menu! So polite these people!) a ham and salami sandwich.. omg it was fantastic. It wasn't as filling, large, sodium packed or chewy as Panera Bread but it's for sure the closest thing to it in Japan. And my M size sandwich was only 390 yen. Which is cheaper than Panara. Or maybe the same price. Either way, I'm totally going there tomorrow.... and the next day! And the next day...?
It's possible that one of my students bought me a soccer jersey while he was in Nagoya last weekend. I wrote him explicit instructions, if he found it. I'm gonna pay him back, so I'm kind of freaking out.... kind of want to go into tomorrow in the mindset of negativity. Just so I don't get my heart broken. If he DID buy me one... there's ANOTHER picture that will be posted tomorrow :)
This evening at work, one of my mom's OLLLD christmas songs came on the radio, about this guy running into his ex at a store and they get drunk and then she leaves and the snow turns into rain.... anyway I almost started crying. I HATE that song, hated whenever my mom played it, but I remember one time sitting in front of old Kroger waiting for her and the song came on over the tape. Now it just makes me tear up. I really hope someone cries for me being gone from Christmas this year, 'cause I really don't want to be the only one super sad. You know what I want for Christmas? A heartfelt letter that could be 3 lines long just saying you will think of me and will feel sorry for me because - yes, I want your pity this holiday season!
PS - please pray for my grandma. She's not feeling so hot.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hugs your way!! I know this Christmas is going to be tough but you'll make it through. And yes, we'll ALL miss you! You know if Lexi could write, she'd write more than 3 lines :-) I had my girl's party last night and included your address in each gift--so you should be getting at least 11 cards! When I shared your blog last night your mom remembered the song and when she started singing it every one chimed in. Sorry, but they all love the song. I'm with you--not a huge fan!

Your mom one the main game and the prize was a Christmas item. I told everyone she doesn't even decorate the house. They were all over her for that. One person even said, "well, then what exactly is Melissa missing about Christmas--her mom's bleak walls?" Pretty funny.

Going shopping today to get your Christmas box together--so hopefully you'll be getting that within the next week or so. I'll stuff it with as much crap as I possibly can!

Hang in there Shelia--remember there's a lot of stress with Christmas that you're not experiencing either :)

xoxoxo aunt jenni

Anonymous said...

It's funny the dumb things that bring back memories! Can't believe they are playing Dan Fogelberg in Japan. It's a small world. This month has been very stressful, I'm working full time and it doesn't feel like anything except stress right now. I am baking cookies Thursday for a few cookie exchanges this weekend. That may help.

We miss you this season, we will certainly be sad too. Not anything to really celebrate. No scavenger hunt to set up. Kind of boring.
Love Mom MILY