Ramen Noodles

Ramen Noodles

Thursday, December 15, 2011

"Excellence can be found, even under a rock"

Today was normal, but tonight was so fun, and funny.
So first with my little girls class, we decorated butter cookies - 'cause sugar cookies just aren't around - with icing and sprinkles, did a small Christmas word search and made ornaments to tape up on the big tree in the office (made by yours truly... beep beep, that's just me tootin' my own horn). Even bought 8 dollar imported candy canes for the kids. Anyway, I had already made one ornament but it was kind of lame and adult-ish, so with the girls, I really ramped it up....
Didn't even know I was so talented, did you?
And then in my adult class we also made ornaments (and they really loved Patureekuu). We also worked in the text and I was teaching them what usual, always, hardly ever, sometimes, etc mean. So we were making up sentences; like I would say, 'I always wear clothes.'
So, one of the girls said, 'I always put in my eyes every morning'
I died. She was trying to say contact lens'.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe when you get back you could start selling original ornaments. Just an idea! Hope you're writing down all the funny things your students say--they're priceless. Oh well, going to put my eyes in.

xoxo aunt jenni

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a t shirt saying! That's where they get the ideas for the t shirts. Love Mom MILY