Ramen Noodles

Ramen Noodles

Monday, October 31, 2011

Boo.

Well this is officially the start of the Holiday season.
In a month, it's Thanksgiving. In two, it's Christmas and New Year's.
What's difficult right now is that I'm not home. I'm here in Japan. Where they sell Halloween decorations, but yet no one actually knows when Halloween happens. And of course, Thanksgiving is not a holiday outside of the US. Christmas is celebrated but I don't think it's the same. There's no way.
Anyway, today I went to dinner at my favorite restaurant and got 500 yen off my dinner (woooo for Point Card!) and bought some milk and English Toast. I told one of the guys at Family Mart that 'Kyou wa Halloween in America.' LOL that's some major broken Japanese! And he asked if I was heading to a party.
Yep, in my sweats and wooly hat. Ya got me.
Went a bit psycho on the candy... ate a bag of Jelly Belly's and a couple of handfuls of Skittles all while watching Shaun of the Dead. I have these two decorations pictured here:
that I had going during the movie. The 'boo' candle is actually like a 10 inch long candle that I had to keep cutting with scissors to make it fit without causing a fire hazard. My mom would have freaked but everything was safe and the candles all burnt out on their own because they apparently just don't make candles like they used to (in the USA).
I miss being at home and passing out candy and having a neighborhood snack-fest. And worrying that my dog will get too close to the fire. And watching The Munsters -- I thought about that tonight. I am thankful my dad has such great taste in TV because I remember my mom telling me one time she thought The Addams Family  was better.... that show sucks!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you trimmed your candle. Halloween wasn't the same. Jeff wasn't there either. I quess he knew you wouldn't be there and planned to play somewhere. Can't wait for next year with the family together!! love Mom MILY