Ramen Noodles

Ramen Noodles

Monday, October 10, 2011

and now my day is RUINED!

So I went fruit picking.
And it was really fun. It was great taking pictures and getting to try different kinds of fruit -- there was this one kind of fruit that I've never seen. The middle of it, you had to peel and then eat this grayish purple blob... it literally looked like one of those crab grass worm things. Anyway, it was horrific and possibly the worst fruit in the history of the world. The others were normal! Asian pears (TONS OF THEM. WHICH WAS FANTASTIC), normal pears, and AMERICAN grapes! Woooo!! We ate lunch there, and the mom is a great cook.
It was time to leave and I THOUGHT we were going straight home, but it turned into a 'sight-seeing' trip in the car. Which basically meant they drove me around the prefecture and said "oh this is this store in Hirosaki."
I was being so polite -- they'd ask if I was tired and 'no, not really!' But two and half hours later something was CLEARLY lost in the translation and after the fourth time of being asked - YES. YES I AM TIRED! I got home at 5 pm and threw open my front door screaming that I HAD SO MUCH TO DO TODAY AND I WASTED IT ON SOME STUPID FRUIT!!!!!!!! Then screamed some very angry sounds and went shopping. It's okay though. Looking back, I probably just should have said I needed to get home earlier. Oh well, learned for the next time!! There won't be a next time.
Whew. Well, enjoy some pictures pre-meltdown:
Mountains are juuuust starting to turn!




Mt. Iwaki... the Mt. Fuji of the north.


I have like, 5 pictures of just her taking a picture of me taking a picture of her.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Those pictures are gorgeous. sorry the beauty ruined your day! xoxo aunt jenni