Ramen Noodles

Ramen Noodles

Monday, October 3, 2011

I caved, the heater is ON!

Yesterday was SO productive that I felt today should be lazy.
And so, it was. Unless you count me filling up the kerosene and starting the heater - which always gives me a splitting headache. That's the only time when I keep my windows open anymore. Actually, on the Japanese weather channel it showed that it was going to snow in the mountains today/tonight. Maybe if tomorrow is clear enough first thing in the morning and it STUCK, I could see it!!
The past few days have been too cold to go out to shop or eat. So I've been eating in - it's a record 2 days in a row!! That's why I've asked my mom to bring 100 Easy Mac packets when she comes. Seriously, you think 45 degrees isn't bad. But when you factor in rain and a BIKE, it's a big Debbie downer. I envy you people with cars.
Oh, okay so I know all of the school's are back in session now. Remember backpack shopping for your kids, and how you occasionally complained when they wanted a 60 dollar backpack because it was 'cool?' (I know I do!) This is a standard backpack in Japan, and this is the cheapest I've seen... so I took a picture!
It costs $258.10. EDUCATION IS A SERIOUS BIZNUSS HERE!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

From Mom-OUCH! I guess the ones we bought weren't that bad after all! And maybe their students won't have back problems later in life unlike Americans!! Love Mom MILY

PS Publishing our comments is so much easier and user friendly. I don't know if you did it or what, but compliments!!!