Ramen Noodles

Ramen Noodles

Thursday, November 24, 2011

What's a turkey?

I don't want to write much, because I don't want to take away from your happy family Thanksgiving.
But I'm not having such a good time of it. Even with the snow falling, even when I ate Vegetable Beef soup from home, even yesterday when me and Jonathan went to KFC to eat our first 'Thanksgiving' meal. I want to go home. Or I just simply don't want to be aware of what day it is.

When Christmas comes, I think I may literally shut down my computer for a few days because everyone posting on Facebook about Thanksgiving is really bringing the mood level down in Mel's apartment.

You want to know what I'm thankful for? I was brushing my teeth last night when this dawned on me, and I broke down for a half hour. I'm thankful that my mom and dad have sacrificed so much of their time and money so that I could live this dream in Japan. It breaks my heart that they've done so much for me, and I haven't be able to do anything to repay them. They won't read this for weeks, probably, but I really, really realize what they've done for me and it's too much ... overwhelming.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wait until you're a parent--you'll realize the things you do don't even seem like sacrifices. I'd gladly give A & E the last slice of cake, but Uncle Dale--not so much!

No doubt the holidays will be tough--but as soon as they're over you'll be heading home. And then you'll have to get a job here, finish your laundry, clean up your mess . . . etc. You want to thank your mom & dad--enjoy this adventure for all it's worth!! xoxox aunt jenni