Ramen Noodles

Ramen Noodles

Monday, November 7, 2011

Weekend Update

So it was almost a productive weekend.
In order to appease my mom and keep her off my back since she continues to think I absolutely do not socialize with people outside of work, I will tell you what I did. Saturday night I went out with Christina, her brother and his school friend. We ate at Gusto (which is kind of like a Denny's, but cleaner 'cause it's Japan) and then we went to Puri-kura. I wanted it - so they humored me. The photos are HILARIOUS but I could only get a clear picture of one, and the other I was able to download for free. Sadly, you won't be able to see the rest....

Sorry, that second picture I only wanted to upload it to Facebook, so I didn't really include the others... Christina's eyeball made it tho.
And Sunday I went curling with Jonathan. You know that sport (or, perhaps you DON'T) that they show during the Olympics at 4 am? Yep, it's huuuge here. It was a nightmare - very difficult on my knee - Waow I sound like I'm 50. But, I'm shocked I didn't break it!! I definitely fell more than anyone else yet, I was better at sliding the weight down the lane. The lesson was 3 hours in Japanese with 5 other Japanese people we didn't know. I understood about half of what the guy said and the other half I just watched the others before me. Some coach at the arena had a camera out when I was getting ready to push off and throw my weight thingy but I exploded and told him 'NO.'
I'm not Canadian, I'm definitely not even close to looking decent, so I don't need anyone making fun of my picture on some wall of shame ... which I don't want to know about.

AND THEN. My mom's box came and I've played The Sims for the majority of today. Except for a pause to buy a few groceries and MAKE TACOS... YEP! It was taco night at the apartment and I ate ALL 10 OF 'EM (in 2 days, not at one sitting). It's a great game, I made my Lexi and she literally runs around the yard all day while I'm off at work as a rock star knocking her ball around. JUST. LIKE. REAL. LIFE.
So, it's nice to watch computer Lexi be as crazy as she is back home :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the pictures and am glad you are out with friends and not sitting in your apartment all the time!! Living life and not the Sims life!!! Your eyes look great in the 'americanized' picture.
Love Mom MILY

Anonymous said...

Curling....maybe you an make the Japanese team for the 2014 Olympics. They are in Russia. A short flight from where you are. Will have a new box coming over soon with a surprise in it.....
Love, Dad

Anonymous said...

I love these pictures! thought you took some with your parents?? Now i understand why you've always loved the japanese cartoons--you look gorgeous in them! xoxo aunt jenni