Ramen Noodles

Ramen Noodles

Friday, February 24, 2012

That Tokyo trip I took 2 weeks ago, heh.

I haven't posted in a long time. I'm so sorry!!!
I went to Tokyo but I didn't do much there. The Shinkansen (bullet train) is amazing to ride on. I've never been on something that goes so fast ... well maybe an airplane, but you don't really feel like you're moving so fast on one of those, especially in the air. It was amazing. My favorite part of the trip actually!
Anyway, I went to Akihabara which is known for anime. I wasn't impressed. Maybe I didn't get to see enough. Either way, I headed to Shibuya where I shopped till I dropped. Bought some high end fashion at BAPE, some CDs for my dad and then I went to Harajuku simply for the soccer shop next to the train station. Literally almost shed tears in the store. Aomori is so miserable.
So I'm going back this weekend and plan to do more, and take more pictures. I only took a few, which I'll upload now:
This is a friend I met in Tokyo, Kotaro. He took me to an English bar and we watched a Premier League match. There are soooo many foreigners in Tokyo and it was wonderful to see people who looked like me.

My hotel room. Not so bad.

Oh, dear.

The legend of Hachiko, who was a real dog and the story is true - even if my aunt doesn't believe it. Proof is here, sweet thing.

My favorite sign, on the trains. The trains are SO CROWDED AT NIGHT... there is absolutely no personal space. Had some old man pressed up against me and everything -- ew. Fortunately during the day, they're some breathing room. It is funny to watch people getting caught in the doors as they close. That guy? Happened to him. Serves him right!

Lastly, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY MOMMY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE YOU <3

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nope, still don't believe the dog statue story. your hotel room looks nice--like a modern day type room.

Don't spend all your yen in that one shop. You still need to buy a ticket home!

xoxoxo aunt jenni